More than just aJet boat ride
TWO RIVERS ARE BETTER THAN ONE!
Are you ready to take on the mighty Shotover & Kawarau Rivers?
Only KJet takes you on an insane 60 minute high speed ride across three waterways traveling at speeds of up to 95kph in the fastest and meanest Jet boats in town. Throw in 45km of unforgettable thrills, 360 degree spins and exhilaration in one of the world’s most stunning locations, and blast across Lake Wakatipu and down the world-famous Shotover and Kawarau Rivers.
Departing every hour on the hour (10am – 4pm) from Central Queenstown, come and experience the world’s first Jet boat ride from the Main Town Pier. There’s a reason we’ve been around for over 60 years… it’s in our blood!
Family price applies to 2 adults and 2 children - SAVING $101!save 10% when youBOOK NOW
* Save 10% applies to adult and child fares only.
WHAT YOU GET WITH US
- A wild ride on the world famous Shotover & Kawarau Rivers
- 60 minutes of pure adrenaline and stunning scenery
- 360° spins and acceleration in one of our high powered, twin engine Jet boats
- Fastest Jet boats in town – reaching speeds of up to 95kph
- Real Jet boating in water that’s less than 5cm deep in places
- Great value – more bang for your buck and we’ve got epic deals for kids. Save $101 with our family pack!
- No height restrictions to ride KJet
- Hassle free – just step on board one of our Big Yellow Jet boats at the Main Town Pier on Queenstown’s waterfront. We’re located right in the heart of Queenstown Bay
- Innovation – we designed the first roll bar system, as well as twin engine technology and heated handrails
- Kick-ass skilled drivers trained to the highest standard in the industry
- 100% Kiwi – locally owned and operated
- FREE entry to Queenstown Underwater Observatory
Jet boating is what we do, it’s in our DNA.
TAKE A PIECE OF ADRENALINE ACTION HOME WITH YOU!
We photograph and film every Jet boat ride, so you have the option of purchasing your footage after you’ve seen it. For more information on our photo and video packages click here.
Every hour on the hour, 10am to 4pm. Confirm departure time when you book. Leaves from Main Town Pier, Queenstown. Check in is 15 minutes before departure.
FREE ENTRY to our underwater observatory WITH EVERY KJet ride
what to bring:
watch the trailer
Only KJet offers over 60 minutes of unforgettable thrills, spins and exhilaration across three waterways in one of the world’s most stunning locations.
KJet Jet boat trip
Q. What should I wear on the Jet boat?
A. For your comfort we recommend that you dress for the weather conditions on the day, keeping in mind that in our boats you will be travelling at 95kph and therefore the wind-chill can be frosty! Don’t forgot to bring your sunglasses, (or goggles in winter) sunscreen, as well as hats & gloves in winter months. Please ensure your little ones are dressed especially warm.
Q. Can I take my bags on the Jet boat?
A. We have complimentary storage for your belongings. There is limited storage available so please keep in mind we can only store handbags and small backpacks.
Q. Can I take my camera on the Jet boat?
A. On our trip there are many fantastic photo opportunities so YES, we’d love you to take your camera on board to capture these moments. However your camera is taken on board at your own risk, keep in mind with Jet boating there is the risk of getting slightly wet and we need you to be able to hold on to the hand rails, especially during our 360° spins. If you need more information about this please chat to our Reservations Team and Drivers when you check-in for your trip.
Q. Will I get wet on the Jet boat?
A. Part of the fun with Jet boating is the spray and drama! We provide full length spray jackets (with hoods) to wear under your life jacket so you will be kept mostly dry and warm. If you are really worried about getting wet then please request to our staff that you sit the centre seats of the boat. Please note we can’t guarantee seating.
Q. What is your child age?
A. Our child age is 5-14 years. Our Infant age is 2-4 years and travel for FREE with an accompanying adult.
Q. What are the weight/height restrictions to ride KJet?
A. Children – there is no height restriction to ride KJet. However, children must be able to fit into one of our life jackets. Adults – we do not have a weight restriction to ride KJet but you must be able to fit into one of our life jackets. We have a wide variety of life jackets available going up to a maximum size of 4XL.
Q. Can I ride KJet if I am pregnant?
A. Unfortunately, pregnant thrill-seekers are unable to ride KJet.
Q. Can you Jet boat in the winter?
A. Absolutely! We also have heated hand-rails to keep your hands warm.