Queenstown’s only Underwater Cinematic Experience
Dinosaurs in Queenstown? Moa, Mosasaur and Tuatara under Lake Wakatipu?
Queenstown’s only underwater experience takes you on a journey through time and legend beginning many millions of years ago.
Head down two flights of stairs under Lake Wakatipu into our underwater theater. The famous fish, diving ducks and slinky eels are visible until a large cinema screen descends and you begin your time travel journey. As you wait for the next time jump window to open, you’ll get to see the beautiful love story and Māori Legend of Lake Wakatipu.
Your time travel pilot will guide you back 90 million years, through the time of the dinosaurs, take you to when New Zealand was formed, fly you deep into the earth when the Southern Alps were created and through the glacier that carved out Lake Wakatipu. Ending in present day Queenstown, you then experience adventure activities you can do – all from the comfort of your rumbling seat!
You then experience 10 – 15 minutes of underwater viewing where we feed the famous diving ducks, slinky eels and rainbow & brown trout that lie beneath.
Want to know more?
- Can the dinosaurs eat me? Our time travel pilot is very skilled and wants to survive as much as anyone!
- Is this ok for kiddies? Absolutely! But for very young ones, we do recommend mum or dad comes along. Dinosaurs can be scary! Our child age is 3 – 14, and infants 0 – 2 are free.
- Could I get sucked into a time warp? It hasn’t happened yet. Although one time, a tour guides lunch mysteriously went missing. It’s still unresolved…
- Help, I’m a scaredy-cat! Don’t panic. This might feel like the real deal, but its actually a state-of-the-art virtual experience.
- Does time travel have side effects? Nah…but best count your toes and fingers afterwards.
- Will I learn something? Only if you have eyes and ears – or at least one of those.
- Can you still see the fish? Yes! There’s still opportunity for underwater viewing where you can see the famous slinky eels, diving ducks and trout.
- How often do you blast off? Every 30 minutes from 10.00am – 8.00pm, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- How long is it? The show is 12 minutes, followed by 10-15 minutes of underwater viewing.
- Can I film the experience? We respectfully request that you don’t take any videos of the experience.
- Can I take food and drink? We prefer you don’t take any food and drink into the theater.
- Is it Wheelchair accessible? Unfortunately the Time Tripper experience is not wheelchair accessible as it is 5 metres below the water and accessed by two flights of stairs, however if a Caregiver is able to carry you down and up two flights of stairs you are most welcome to come down!
- Haven’t answered your question? Call our dedicated Time Tripper hot-line on (03) 442 8538 or email email@example.com