Experience 90 million years in under 30 minutes
Looking for something to do in Queenstown for the family? Hold on to your seats, we’re taking you back to the beginning on a journey through time and legend!
Head down under the Main Town Pier and travel back to a time when dinosaurs roamed the earth, learn about how Lake Wakatipu was carved out by a giant glacier and experience the adventure activities you can do in Queenstown, all from the comfort of your seat.
Time Tripper is a 15 minute state-of-the-art animated show that takes you on a journey through time and legend starting 90 million years ago. You then experience 10-15 minutes of underwater viewing where you can see the diving ducks, slinky eels and trout that lie beneath Lake Wakatipu.
This 30 minute activity is Queenstown’s only underwater experience, blasting off every 30 minutes from the Main Town Pier.
Want to add a Jet boat trip to your booking too? We have combo’d this up so you can experience Time Tripper and KJet for a discounted price here!
Save 10% when you book online here.
Want to know more?
- Can the dinosaurs eat me? Our time travel pilot is very skilled and wants to survive as much as anyone!
- Is this ok for kiddies? Absolutely! But for very young ones, we do recommend mum or dad comes along. Dinosaurs can be scary!
- Could I get sucked into a time warp? It hasn’t happened yet. Although one time, a tour guides lunch mysteriously went missing. It’s still unresolved…
- Help, I’m a scaredy-cat! Don’t panic. This might feel like the real deal, but its actually a state-of-the-art virtual experience.
- Does time travel have side effects? Nah…but best count your toes and fingers afterwards.
- Will I learn something? Only if you have eyes and ears – or at least one of those.
- Can you still see the fish? Yes! There’s still opportunity for underwater viewing where you can see the famous slinky eels, diving ducks and trout.
- How often do you blast off? Every 30 minutes from 9am – 9pm, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- How long is it? The show is 15 minutes, followed by 10-15 minutes of underwater viewing.
- Can I film the experience? We respectfully request that you don’t take any videos of the experience.
- Can I take food and drink? We prefer you don’t take any food and drink into the theater.
- Is it Wheelchair accessible? Unfortunately the Time Tripper experience is not wheelchair accessible as it is 5 meters below the water and accessed by two flights of stairs.
- Haven’t answered your question? Call our dedicated Time Tripper hot-line on (03) 442 8538 or email [email protected]